Project Manager (Contractual) Standard Bank Limited
Project Manager (Contractual) Standard Bank Limited
Published on: Sep 19th
No. of Vacancies: 0
Job Nature: Contractual
Experience: At least 7 years
Age: 0 to 0 year(s)
Job Location: Anywhare in Bangladesh
Salary Range: Negotiable
Application Deadline: Sep 25th, 2016
Job Description / Requirements
- A. Job Purpose
- The Project Manger oversees the planning, implementation, and tracking of a specific short-term project which has a beginning, an end and specified deliverables.
- B. Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- The Project Manager performs a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
- Plan the project
- Define the scope of the project in collaboration with senior management
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project
- Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc) required to complete the project
- Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities
- Review the project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion
- Staff the project
- In consultation with the appropriate manager, recruit, interview and select staff and/or volunteers with appropriate skills for the project activities
- Manage project staff and/or volunteers according to the established policies and practices of the organization
- Ensure that personnel files are properly maintained and kept confidential
- Ensure that all project personnel receive an appropriate orientation to the organization and the project
- Contract qualified consultants to work on the project as appropriate
- Implement the project
- Execute the project according to the project plan
- Develop forms and records to document project activities
- Set up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
- Control the project
- Write reports on the project for management and for funders
- Communicate with funders as outlined in funding agreements
- Monitor and approve all budgeted project expenditures
- Monitor cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance to senior management on a regular basis (monthly/bimonthly)
- Manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure that all financial records for the project are up to date
- Prepare financial reports and supporting documentation for funders as outlined in funding agreements
- Evaluate the project
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase
Graduation in relevant discipline from a reputed university preferably in the field of Civil Engineering PMP (Project Management Professional) / PRINCE II (PRojects IN Controlled Environments) certification is a plus
- Knowledge, skills and abilities
- – Knowledge of project management
- – Proven knowledge of project management
- – Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- – Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- -Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of computers for:
- -Word processing
- -Simple accounting
- -Data base management
- Personal characteristics:
- The Project Manager should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Minimum 7 years planning and management experience
- Project Managers usually work in an office environment but the purpose of the project may sometimes take them to non standard workplaces.
- Project Managers work a standard work week but may be required to work some evenings and weekends to meet project milestones.
Anywhare in Bangladesh
Interested candidates are requested to send their résumé along with cover letter and a recent photograph with photocopies of academic and experience certificates/papers to Head of HR, Standard Bank Ltd, Metropolitan Chamber Building (3rd Floor), 122-124 Motijheel CA, Dhaka 1000. Only short listed candidates will be considered for interview. The management reserves the right to accept or decline any application at its discretion.