Project Officer, Suddokho Swisscontact Bangladesh
Suddokho Swisscontact Bangladesh
Published on: Oct 6th
No. of Vacancies: 0
Job Nature: Contractual
Experience: At least 3 years
Age: 0 to 0 year(s)
Job Location: Dhaka
Salary Range: Negotiable
Application Deadline: Oct 15th, 2016
Job Description / Requirements
- Location : Dhaka with regular field work at locations of (potential) partner organisations and other stakeholders of Sudokkho
- Duration: : 15 November 2016 to 31 March 2019
- Reports To : Functionally: Skills and Employment Director. Operationally: Assigned Intervention Manager or Training Coordinator
- The Project Officer is part of a team that is responsible for the implementation of a set of Sudokkho interventions that contribute to the overall targets of Sudokkho in the construction sector, which targets are agreed upon by the project management in consultation with its financiers (DFID and SDC) and the three consortium partners (Palladium, Swisscontact and British Council). The annual Sudokkho log frame targets and the related annual Sudokkho work plan are the basis for detailed targets and work plans within the scope of the three Sudokkho Output Components.
- To contribute to the Sudokkho sector targets, the Project Officer in consultation with his/her assigned Sector Lead will agree on personal targets and work plans, which are subject to approval by Team Leader. This includes overall annual targets as well as intermittent targets for specific tasks. Aligned with this, the Project Officer will prepare on a weekly basis 4-week rolling activity plans and will report on a weekly basis the factual activities undertaken by means of a standard time sheet.
- The Project Officer will participate in Sudokkho sector planning and monitoring meetings that are chaired by the Sector Lead. He/she will also contribute to Sudokkho’s quarterly and annual progress reporting and where applicable to the annual review.
- The duties and tasks of the Project Officer may include any of the following:
- Research and development:
- Conduct research and support the sector team in data processing and analyses and design strategies pertaining to skills and employment promotion.
- Remain well aware of developments in the relevant sectors.
- Gender and social inclusion
- Ensure that within the assigned duties and tasks the Sudokkho Gender and Social Inclusion Strategy is fully applied, and where relevant seek cooperation with the Sudokkho Gender and Social Inclusion Officer.
- Partner engagement:
- Engage in assessment of potential partner organisations of Sudokkho, including training providers and industry-based training organisations, and contribute to the preparation and conducting of pre-grant workshops and due diligence.
- Assist in the development of concept notes and project documents of potential partner organisations of Sudokkho.
- Contribute to the provision or supervision (in case of engagement of external consultants) of technical assistance to partner organisations of Sudokkho and as agreed upon between Sudokkho and the partner organisation in respective cooperation agreements. This may include trainers training; upgrading of training facilities, equipment and training aides; school management training.
- In consultation with the Sudokkho Communication Officer roll-out of the Sudokkho communication strategy to outreach to different stakeholder groups, including community awareness and marketing.
- Monitoring and results management:
- Contribute to the process of results measurement and quality assurance of performance data among partner organisations and the target group of Sudokkho, including continuous data collection and analysis of all student tracking data, and relevant to enrolment of trainees, graduation of trainees, and employability of trainees 3 and 6 months after completion of training.
- Support and train partner organisations and other relevant stakeholders in components of Sudokkho’s management information system (MIS), including the Trainees Measurement System (TMS)
- Conduct regular field visits to ensure proper implementation of activities.
- Prepare periodic progress reports and communication materials for the project.
- During the scope of implementation of Sudokkho additional tasks may emerge for which the programme takes responsibility; In the event that the Project Officer is considered suitable among the entire programme staff for taking up these tasks, and if workload permits, the Team Leader in consultation with his/her direct superior may assign these additional tasks.
- Key Performance Indicators:
- Meeting all targets as agreed upon in the individual detailed work plan
- Compliance with all planning, monitoring, results measurement and reporting tasks
- Compliance with the Sudokkho Gender and Social Inclusion Strategy
- Compliance with the Sudokkho Communication Strategy and branding guidelines
- Compliance with the guidelines of the Sudokkho operational manual.
- Working Conditions and Environment: This will be according to the Swisscontact Staff Manual.
At a minimum a Bachelor’s degree (preferably a Master’s degree) in economics, business, development or technical studies.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in working in a development cooperation context is essential. The Project Officer should be familiar with market systems development principles, general referred to as M4P (markets for the Poor). A background in working with or in the construction sector is an advantage.
- Additionally, the following criteria have to be met:
- Understanding of the TVET system in Bangladesh.
- Proven familiarity in working with planning and monitoring systems.
- Proven excellent proficiency in MS Office (particularly Word and Excel).
- Excellent communication in English and Bangla.
- Strong analytical and organisational skills, and proven reporting skills.
Detailed terms of reference and application form can be downloaded from our website www.swisscontact.org/southasia. Please email your application along with a cover letter (elaborating your competencies that you think make you a suitable candidate for the position and expected salary) to email@example.com. You can also submit your application at Swisscontact, South Asia Regional Office (SARO), House 19, Road 11, Baridhara, Dhaka 1212 addressed to Head of Operations. Please mention Name of the Position applied for in the